Support for parents and children

 "I was a child in a tent with an adult who was over the age of 18, sleeping rough, where nobody knew where I was," Hope, now in her early 20s, told me.

"I was technically a child of the state. It wasn't OK... I was at risk."


Model slot online games

Those responsible for Hope's peduli said it could not comment on perorangan cases but Wrexham council said its serviss had been transformed and it would use Hope's comments to improve things further.In 2016, I presented a petition to the Welsh government to end the practice of children being placed in B&Bs and hostels.Ministers said they wanted to "eliminate" it - but six years on, it's still happening.

Research by the BBC Wales Investigates kubu suggests dozens of teenagers like Niall and Hope are still being put in that position.

Freedom of information requests to all councils in Wales showed at least 50 young people were placed in B&Bs, hostels and anggaran hotels in the past financial year, with at least 285 in other accommodation which is not regulated by the peduli watchdog.

I don't want this to come across as an attack on social workers - because it's not.

It is their job to look after these young people but they're working within a sistim that is, according to one report last year by those in charge of social serviss, facing a "crisis" to find suitable places for children to stay.

Afabet situs Slot Online

While most children placed in such temporary accommodation are 16 or 17, our investigation found a small number are even younger.

One example included an 11-year-old being housed in temporary accommodation with council staf, because there was nowhere else for them to go.

'It was like no-one cared, because it was only me'

Gemma - not her real name - felt she was let down by the sistim that was supposed to keep her safe.

She says she was exploited by older men when she was young before evenually being taken into peduli at 14, when she had become addicted to heroin.

"I'd moved house 12 times by the time I was 15," she said."I've never fully unpacked anywhere. Nobody ever keeps me very long anyway."Leaving peduli: 'I fell through the cracks'Almost 100,000 children could be in peduli by 2025Austerity blamed for children in peduli rise

When she was 16 she was offered a hostel to stay in by social workers, which she said had a drug dealer staying there.

"I'd just spent nine months getting clean," Gemma said.

"They then placed me in this hostel where he was anyway. I was there less than a week before I was back on drugs."

After pertemuan Gemma and hearing all she'd been through, I broke down because what she had experienced and what she told me was just devastating. No child should have to live that life.

Postingan populer dari blog ini

The scientists used temperature data beamed down from thermal satellite sensors on the International Space Station,

The instance in Chicken